Sunday, December 14, 2008

Warranty

I guess I should have included some of this info. with my earlier post about my car. Thankfully the new engine will be covered under warranty, but we've learned a few things about that. Our new car warranty would have been voided if we had taken our car to any place other than a Ford dealership. Only Ford is supposed to service our car under warranty or a Ford authorized service station. Technically we've broken this rule, but no one has asked. We had one oil change at a different service station. We also don't have the "extended" warranty (does anyone actually pay the extra couple thousand for that?). So we're not sure that they're going to cover everything. We've already been told that they won't cover our rental car expenses, even though this is clearly their fault. I went to get a few of our carseats out of the car (remember we have 5 of those) and I made it very clear that we did not plan on paying a dime for this repair. It was actually rather funny; when I pulled in the dealership, I was immediately swarmed by a few salesmen. I quickly informed them that I would never, ever be buying another Ford again and that they could save their breath! This has all just been disappointing. It's the first new car we've ever owned. But this is just life! It's always something!

5 comments:

Sarah Joy said...

So sorry about all this Judy! Warren said it should be covered under your warrenty when I first told him what happended to you--- he was concerned cause it made no sense to him that you just have your new car die like that but unforunately it does happen with new cars. Just stay on top of FORD and demand that hey cover it... you are covered under manufactures warrenty until 36, 000 miles, I believe that is the correct number. And if you need any information call us, Warren will help. He has dealt with new and used and knows the business well.Will pray for easy resolution for you guys and fast!!!

Eddie S. said...

You know, I tell everyone about how crappy Ford is, and yet I keep having people I know purchase them. It is very sad indeed, and expect to have way more things wrong with this Ford as time progresses. I have plenty of "horror" stories for you if you want them. Well good luck and hopefully I will see ya'll Thursday.

The Marklund's said...

My husband works for Avis Rental car and can probably get you a discount in your area if you haven't already rented a car...

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

I am really sorry this has happened to you. I know it is inconvenient and frustrating for you. If I can make one suggestion, when you deal with the people repairing your car be extra sweet to them so they will finish up the repairs quickly and get your car back to you, if you tick them off (even though you are totally justified to be angry) it may take them longer to repair your car!

Katy said...

it's just unbelievable. even if they do pay every cent (which they TOTALLY should) nothing makes up for the inconvenience or the hassle. Stay on top of them...and then take your business elsewhere!