Saturday, December 20, 2008

Here we GO!

So I went downstairs to switch the laundry and then I went into the garage to find something. I was gone about 6 or 7 minutes and look what I found when I came back up the stairs!!! YIKES! One more roll or scoot and she would have plumetted down the stairs.

When I left her she was probably seven feet from the stairs. I had no idea she could move like that. She NEVER moves when I'm in the room because she just counts on me moving her. I've noticed that she'll fuss until I pick her up and then as soon as I hold her and walk a few steps she starts struggling to get down. She doesn't really want to be held, she's just using me as her mode of transporation. Now that I've figured that out I'm not going to be picking her up nearly as much. My goal is to make it through Christmas with no gates up and after Christmas we will begin the baby proofing!

2 comments:

Millicent said...

oh my....before you know it she'll be running!

Anonymous said...

Baby proofing is going to be very interesting with all of the 3 year old and above toys you have at your house. The children are going to have to be VERY careful about toys laying around. McKenna is going to really TAKE OFF, once she gets herself going.
Grandmom