Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Countdown Begins!!

Only six weeks (at the most) until our new little girl makes an appearance. I'm hoping that she'll be early. If you think I look totally huge in this picture, you're right!! I just got back from the doctor and apparently I'm going to be having another big Chatterton baby. There was actually some talk tonight of inducing me a little early since this baby is already probably about 5 lbs. I promised myself that I would enjoy this pregnancy and that I wouldn't wish it away, but I am finding myself wishing it were all over. I tired of being tired and of feeling so huge! I love all the little kicks, but not in the middle of the night. I miss sleeping on my stomach. And it will be so nice to be able to pick up a two year old without feeling an ache everywhere. Not to mention clothes...my maternity wardrobe is extremely limited since the last time I was this pregnant it was Summertime. I can't wait to have wardrobe choices again!!

Yet, despite all my complaints I'm so thankful for this precious little life that's about to enter the world. In my own mind I wonder about the timing of it all. At first I thought her birth was timed perfectly...Christian would be 2.5, it's not the busy season for Ryan, my mom's about to retire, etc. God has a funny way of showing you who is in charge because just when I had MY plan all figured out our lives were turned upside down by the arrival of three more precious kids and I've become a little paniced about the birth of this baby. But I know that God's timing is perfect, that His ways are higher than mine, and I know that he's been teaching me A LOT about dependence on Him and not on myself!! I also wouldn't trade the last four months of chaos for anything. I know without a doubt that my days are spent making an eternal difference in the little bodies running around my house. When this new little girl arrives I feel confident that I'll be able to look back and see God's grace touching our lives.

The baby's room is done, although it's currently being referred to as "Abby's Room" mainly because she naps in there and all her toys (Polly Pockets, Soda Shop Pets, Ponyville) are in there. It should be called the Marshall room, because Nate naps in there too (although he'll be getting the boot once the baby comes) and Emma sometimes spends the night in there. I'm extremely thankful for all the Brinkley and Marshall nieces because we have a closet full of pink and purple clothes and I didn't have to buy any of it.


And so the countdown begins!!!!!!!!!!!! Next doctor's appointment in two weeks!!! I'll keep you posted!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo thankful that you are there for Amy and the kids... you are such a great sister to her and blessing to everyone. I pray God will bless you abundantly for what you have done.
-Jenn

Millicent said...

woohoo!!! She'll be here before you know it! I'll be praying for a safe and quick delivery!

Katy said...

You look BEAUTIFUL, Judy!! I'm so glad to see a picture of you again!! I can't hardly believe that you are SO close to McKenna's arrival - it's going to be here before you know it! Keep us posted for sure - it's getting very exciting!!! (And I'm with you - as much as I LOVE being pregnant, I always miss sleeping on my stomach so much!)

Anonymous said...

Oh I can't wait I can't wait I can't WAIT!! Come on baby!! :) Addison and I can't are eagerly awaiting the arrival of her new playmate. I am praying for you daily, I know God has His hand on you, this precious baby and all of the other little ones around you. Love you!

the mccollums... said...

So what I hear you saying is that I should be sleeping on my stomach more for when the time comes when I can't?? ;) You look GREAT! I'm with Katy...I love seeing pictures of you so cute and pregnant. All of us in blogland are going to be on pins and needles waiting for pictures of the baby.

Anonymous said...

I've got my substitute primed and ready for February. You know Dad and I will be there to support you through all of this. We are looking forward to another precious girl in the family and can't wait to see Christian with his new sister. God bless you, my precious daughter. He is looking out for you and all things will work out in His perfect timing.
Love, Mom

Sarah Joy said...

My beautiful Judy! I am so happy to see your picture posted ! I know this is the hardest part; the home stretch but you will make it! I am praying for you each day and checking the blog all the time. Have you taught Ryan how to post for you or given directions to Amy? We will all want to see her right away!! I love you my sweet friend.