Saturday, June 7, 2008

McKenna's Update

Well, this day hasn't turned out like I thought. I called the doctor's office as soon as they opened this morning (like they told me to last night) and they told me they couldn't see McKenna. They're booked! So they told me to take her to the hospital. What? I gave them a hard time about that because unfortunately with our insurance every time we go to the hospital we have to pay the first $300. I was not going to pay $300 to have them tell me she has a virus or something. And I've had enough hospital experience with my children to know that we want to avoid that place if at all possible.
McKenna's fever was 102.4 this morning, so I'm still worried BUT Christian is running a fever now too. I'm actually feeling better about it now that Christian is sick too because it probably means they just have some kind of bug instead of meningitis or something. So after talking to my sister, my mom, my family doctor(who won't see her either because she would be a new patient and they're not accepting new patients) and Ryan we've decided that we're NOT going to go to the hospital unless McKenna's fever keeps going up. She's still eating and smiling so I'm not as worried as I was last night when she wouldn't stop crying for 2 hours.
So today we're trying to keep ourselves busy inside and we're going to monitor everyones temperature. It's way too hot to go outside, especially with a fever. So far today we've taken naps, eaten cookies (that's all Christian will eat), played with play dough, painted, put puzzles together, played with the Lightning McQueen race track and now we're going to build a new train track. I can already tell that I'm not going to get anything done today except playing and snuggling with my kiddos, and that's not such a bad thing!


Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that McKenna and Christian aren't feeling well...and that you couldn't get into the pediatrician's office. I pray they both start to feeling better soon and their fevers break.


the mccollums... said...

Gosh, I am so sorry, Jude. That stinks that they are both so sick and you are juggling it. I'm glad that you didn't go to the hospital as that sounds like it could have been an expensive and very long day...i guess a long day is better than and expensive and long day.
I hope and pray that its just a 48 hour bug...XOXOX.