Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Amy's Out of Surgery

Okay, Amy is out of surgery and her mom has arrived! Judy is on her way to pick up Christian and then head home. The Dr said that Amy had an ovarian cyst that had ruptured so they went ahead and removed the ovary because if they didn't it would have dies and become infected. Here is the amazing thing.... they removed over a liter of blood from her abdomen, the Dr said she couldn't be live she was conscious when she saw how much blood had already spilled into her abdomen. It is truly the hand of God on Amy's life that she went to the hospital when she did and had the surgery. She might be home later but they aren't sure. She is also anemic, gee I wonder why, she lost a lot of blood! They will watch her and see if she needs to stay overnight tonight. Judy will be caring for all the children and Ryan is on his way home, he left a day early to get back and be there for Judy! Judy and Amy's Mom will care for Amy until she is feeling better. I am sure Judy will be back to blogging as soon as she gets everyone and everything settled at home!
Why don't you leave her a comment, a bible verse for her to draw strength form would be wonderful if you could. She needs the encouragement right now and I so wish I could get in the car and be there to give her break!

5 comments:

Millicent said...

oh...my....goodness!! I just checked to see what Judy was up to and am shocked at what Amy is up to!
Praying for a very quick healing and wisdom for everyone...and lots of rest for you all!!!
Thank you God for being with Amy!!!

Heidi said...

So glad that God was looking out for Amy! I'm also thankful that I was up earlier than usual this morning to check the blog and be able to help. I'll be praying for a quick recovery for Amy and extra strength for you Judy! One of my favorite verses is for when I am weak, then I am strong. Keep looking to God! Your doing an amazing job handling all the responsiblities God's given you. Please call if I can help in anyway, even a meal!

Anonymous said...

Your families have quite a time of testing and trusting! God will continue be faithful to provide all your needs. We are praying for Amy's healing, Judy's relief from the asthma, and good health for all the kids during this time. If there's any way I can help....I'm here.
Chris B.

Anonymous said...

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end. Thank God for watching over Amy and keeping her safe. He is good! Judy, you, Ryan, the kids, Amy and your mom remain in my prayers. Anna

the mccollums... said...

WOW Judy...what a crazy week it has been! God is good through it all and will and has supplied all your needs...just when you think you can't make it anymore. We are praying for Amy and her recovery...she is one blessed mama...I can't believe all the blood that they took out...wow! God's timing is always perfect...love you a lot and hope you feel the love, support and encouragement!