Sunday, October 14, 2007

Our Weekend!

On Friday night the Marshall kids, my nieces and nephew, had a sleep over at our house. This was a greatly anticipated event! Abby asked me at 5:30pm if it was time to go to bed. The girls were expecting this to be a ton of fun, when in reality this sleep over wasn't really for them. It was for Amy and I. I'll explain in a minute.
Christian was so excited when he saw the girls show up with their sleeping bags. Christian doesn't have a sleeping bag, but he ran upstairs and grabbed one of his special blankets from Grammy and he plopped down on the floor next to the girls.
My sister, Amy, and I woke up at 5:00am and headed to the biggest yard sale of the season! We left Ryan at home with four sleeping kids. Poor guy, they didn't sleep for long, but he had everything under control when we got home! Anyway, Amy and I headed to the only yard sale I've ever been to that has parking attendants. I told Amy we had to be there by 5:30am. She didn't understand what the hurry was until we got there and about 100 other people had already shown up. We shopped for about 2.5 hours and then headed home, not because we were done, but because we literally had no room left in my car. The gas station and car, pictured above, were purchased at the yard sale and they have been a huge hit. Other great purchases included; Polly Pockets, several fire trucks and police cars (a popular item in our house), a double stroller (I actually really need a triple stroller, but I figured I would look like a circus act trying to steer that through a store), pottery barn baby girl bedding (it is sooo cute), snowboots and a few Christmas presents for the kids. I'm not going to mention what those Christmas presents are because Emma can read quite well now and she loves checking this blog. You'll notice, she even left her own comment on the posting about Abby's b-day!
My yard is totally starting to look like I run a daycare! We now have 2 slides, 2 cars, one playhouse, one swing set, one roller coast, 1 gas station, 1 sand and water table, 1 picnic table, multiple children's chairs, and innumerable balls and shovels laying everywhere. I told Ryan we really need a fence, not only to contain the children, but to hide all the chaos. I'm sure my neighbors love it when we add to the toys, but honestly I'll do whatever just to keep the peace!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see all of the kids playing with the great assortment of toys. What are you going to do when winter comes and you can't take them outside? We are looking forward to seeing all of you this weekend for the BIG BIRTHDAY BASH! See you on Saturday!.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Well, Judy...you almost DO run a daycare!!:) The toys look fun, and I know they have to help preserve the peace and your sanity. Give my love to all the kids, you will be in my thoughts this weekend!!!!!!!!

Millicent said...

hey girl! I can't believe I didn't see you!!! We were there at 6!
Glad you got some great deals!

Katy said...

WOW - that's incredible!!! I'm all about those big sales - who does the yard sale? Is it a neighborhood? We have a huge children's consignment sale here twice a year that is the big hit!